Seven Awesome Places to Eat in Austin
1. La Barbecue: (2027 E Cesar Chavez Street) In a town that is synonymous with delicious barbecue on every street, this place remains an understated yet unquestionably satisfying staple.
Open Wednesday through Sunday from 11:00 to 6:00, this is not the place for late night fare, but if you are seeking a late lunch, there is nowhere better to grab a taste of some of the best barbecue in the entire city.
You can order everything from turkey, brisket and pulled pork platters that are priced by the pound to a jalapeno sausage or chopped beef sandwich.
Be sure to get a side of their house made pickles as a perfect accompaniment to nearly any dish on the menu.
2. Clark's Oyster Bar (1200 W 6th Street) This upscale eatery offers spectacularly fresh seafood selections amongst a beautiful setting, offering seating both indoors and out.
Obviously, this is the place to go if you are a fan of raw oysters, but even if you are just into delicious seafood, you can't go wrong with stopping here for lunch or dinner.
There is even an impressive selection of caviar available, as well as fresh salads and inventive cocktails.
3. Franklin Barbecue: (900 E 11th Street) This restaurant is owned by its chief Firestarter and pit master, Aaron Franklin.
âHis name has become synonymous with exceptional barbecue, to the point where you can almost count on having to wait in line for food here.
If you try nothing else here, it has to be the melt-in-your-mouth brisket, though the sweet and spicy pulled pork or simple chopped beef sandwich are well wort a visit as well!
4. Matt's El Rancho: (2613 Lamar Boulevard)
If you want to experience classic Tex-Mex food, this is one of the tastiest options in the city, and perhaps the entire state.
Start with the classic guacamole or queso paired with a cup of tortilla soup before moving onto one of their delicious main courses.
Matt's Special provides you with a little of everything, while the extensive taco menu is mind blowing as well.
This is a place that warrants more than one visit, as you will want to thoroughly explore the entire menu.
Mom's Toast is one of their most popular dishes for anytime of the day, consisting of chopped shrimp and pork combined with chili paste while vegetarians can delight in a cauliflower bowl or tofu buns served with cucumbers and green onions.
FUN PLACES TO EAT IN AUSTIN
6. Salty Sow: (1917 Manor Road)
This gastropub prides itself on its farm to table, locally sourced cuisine.
Start the evening with one of their signature cocktails or a selection from their impressive wine list coupled with one of their savory appetizers, such as a warm olive plate or oyster boudin fritters.
BEST BURGERS IN AUSTIN, TEXAS
The number two is a simple yet unreal cheeseburger topped with lettuce, tomato, onion and pickles, while the number seven is topped with a simple mix of grilled onions and hickory sauce.
There is a delicious veggie burger option available as well as a grilled cheese or fresh fish sandwich available for those with various dietary restrictions.
FIRST TIME IN PARIS
Best Ideas while Visiting Paris
Guest post by Lauren Feldkamp
1. The Eiffel Tower: It is interesting to think that the most famous landmark in Paris was never intended to be a permanent structure.
Originally built as a temporary attraction for the World’s Fair in 1889, it was a valuable site for military transmissions, which saved it from demolition until it established itself as a famous landmark and bustling tourist attraction.
Take an elevator to the top for a panoramic view of Paris, but be sure to come back and marvel at the tower at night, when thousands of lights illuminate it in its full glory!
Explore everything from ancient Egyptian tombs that contain actual mummies to famous Greek sculptures such as the Venus de Milo, along with the unquestionable star of the show, Leonardo da Vinci’s portrait of the Mona Lisa.
While you can choose to explore the Louvre on your own, guided tours are worth the extra money, as you are able to get closer to the most famous works while gaining an informed narration to boot.
BEST SITES IN PARIS, FRANCE
3. The Notre Dame Cathedral: Located alongside the Seine River was built in the 10th century, and is widely regarded as one of the best Gothic-style cathedrals in the entire world.
While you can find beautiful statues and impressive architecture simply by wandering around, taking the nearly 400 step long journey to the top affords for some of the best views of the city you will find anywhere!
The crypt is open to viewers as well, yet be warned that this is a famous attraction, so you want to come early or else prepare yourself for sizable lines.
4. The Pere-Lachaise Cemetery: This is the largest cemetery in the city, and one of the most beautiful in the world as well. Boasting over 100 acres, the place is full of lush green vegetation and gorgeous cobblestone paths along with three separate memorials dedicated to World War One.
Before you venture into the grounds, be sure to grab a map, as you will want to know where to find some of the cemetery’s most famous residents, including Jim Morrison, Edith Piaf, Frédéric Chopin, Gertrude Stein and Oscar Wilde!
BEST PLACES TO EAT IN PARIS
6. Le Cinq: Located in the Four Seasons Hotel at 31 Avenue George V, this place is a Michelin Star rated French restaurant that is the absolute epitome of rich, flavorful food and an exquisite dining experience.
While it is certainly not the most wallet-friendly suggestion, the overall package here makes the expense well worth it, as you are not only treated to out of this world food and drink selections, you also have the added bonus of receiving impeccable service in an elegantly gorgeous environment.
Begin your meal with the shelled spider crab or sorrel sorbet before moving onto one of their signature entrée dishes, such as sea bass paired with buttermilk and caviar or a grilled and glazed pigeon served with olive cream and mashed turnips!
For those with a sweet tooth, be sure to end the experience with the crunch coffee mousse along with a classic cappuccino.
We are traveling wanderers who like sharing our experiences and adventures around the world with you!